Roundtable: From compliance to culture
Join us for a free roundtable event hosted by Birkbeck Sport Business Centre and the SGA.
When: This event has taken place
Venue: Room B20, Birkbeck Main Building, Malet St, London WC1E 7HX
The discussion will explore the following issues:
- The relative merits of mandatory vs. voluntary codes – what that means for a governance ‘mindset’ and the ways in which the mandatory Code for Sports Governance has moved the dial.
- Who sets the culture in an organisation?
- The shift that can be discerned from organisations resenting the requirements or asking why they are being required to do certain things to asking how they can do it better or wanting to take ownership of governance.
- How the changing demographic profile of Boards might impact on changes in culture.
- Professor Geoff Walters, Birkbeck, University of London (Chair)
- Craig Beeston, Sports Governance Academy, The Chartered Governance Institute UK & Ireland
- Ruth Miller, Business Planning Manager at British Cycling
- Paul Bickerton, Chief Executive of the London FA
- Dr Chris Gunn, University of Central Lancashire