Who we are
The SGA is a unique partnership between The Chartered Governance Institute and Sport England. The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity are a strategic partner, providing a vital link with the sector. We also work closely with UK Sport, ensuring that our resources and services meet the needs of the full range of sports organisations across the nation.
Details of our governance structure and people can be found on this page.
SGA Programme Board
The Programme Board brings together senior colleagues from Sport England, The Chartered Governance Institute and The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity.
The Board provides strategic oversight for the SGA, monitoring performance and ensuring that the Academy meets the needs of the sector.
- Phil Smith, Director of Sport, Sport England
- William Booth, Professional Development Director, The Chartered Governance Institute
Programme Board members
- Stuart Armstrong, Strategic Lead, Workforce Transformations, Sport England
- Tara Dillon, Chief Executive, Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity
- Joanne Drapier, Head of Partner Support, Core Markets, Sport England
- Charis Evans, Business Development Director, The Chartered Governance Institute
- Robert Morini, Head of Governance and International Relations, UK Sport
- Lynsey Tweddle, Head of Governance, Sport England
SGA Management Team
The Management Team is responsible for the planning, delivery and day-to-day running of the SGA.
- Craig Beeston, SGA Programme Manager, The Chartered Governance Institute
Joy Johnston, Governance Manager, Sport England
SGA Advisory Group
The Group is a practitioner-led forum that provides the SGA with expertise from across the sport and physical activity sector, advising on service development and delivery.
- Dawn Cole, Finance Director, StreetGames
- Emma Farlow, Senior Governance Manager, UK Sport
- Jennie Goodman, Director of Business Services, The Football Foundation
- Barry Horne, Chief Executive, Activity Alliance
- Jane Kracke, Chief Operating Officer, Sport Across Staffordshire & Stoke-on-Trent (SASSOT)
- Tim Lawler, Chief Executive, SportsAid
- Susan Lightman, Head of Legal and Governance, British Rowing
- Richard McDermott, Company Secretary, The FA Group
- Brett Nicholls, Chief Executive Officer, Get Berkshire Active
- Karen Moorhouse, Chief Regulatory Officer, RFL Director and Company Secretary, Rugby Football League
- Vijaya Panangipalli, Head of Governance (interim), Sport and Recreation Alliance
- Danielle Peel, Head of Organisation Design & Development, CIMSPA
- Karen Watkinson, Governance Manager, Angling Trust and Fish Legal
- Lucy Valerio, Governance & Compliance Officer, The British Mountaineering Council
- Pamela Woodman, Head of Legal, Lawn Tennis Association